Monday, November 14, 2016

Edifier offer stereo, powered pair of speakers for $69

The market for cheap speakers is a bit like the wild west, with some companies aiming to be the cheapest decent shot in town. Elac made a big splash in the last year, justifiably from what I heard at RMAF but I was surprised to receive the announcement from Edifier that they are releasing a pair of active speakers for $69.  Specs are a little vague (corrected by a clever reader below, thanks Charles,  I got this wrong) on their website but having found their entry level headphones to be quite decent, albeit a bit warm, I have to wonder how low prices can go for anything sounding half decent? Oh, and that price includes shipping!  Just in time for the holidays.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They offer specs

SPECIFICATIONS
STUDIO 980T
TOTAL POWER OUTPUT: RMS 12W × 2
THD + N: 10%
SNR: ≥85dBA
DISTORTION: ≤0.5%
AUDIO INPUT: Dual RCA input (RCA - RCA and RCA to AUX)
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 70 HZ-20 kHz +/-9db
INPUT SENSITIVITY: PC: 700±50mV AUX: 550±50mV (THD+N=1%)
SUBWOOFER / BASS UNIT: 4 inch (106mm), 6Ω
TWEETER UNIT: Φ13mm silk domed tweeter, 4Ω
DIMENSION: 140(W) × 226(H)× 197(D)mm

PatrickD said...

Thanks Charles -- I swear I could not see them yesterday but now I scroll down, there they are....!!